Process for Web Design & Redesign
A good process insures that all key elements are included, while still allowing flexibility and creativity. Because we want the final web site to be useful and advantageous for your business, we progress carefully through these steps:
- Identify the needs of your customers
- Define your business needs
- Analyze your industry and your main competitors
- Decide on the overall goals of your web site, based on the information gathered and analyzed
- Determine appropriate content areas
- Begin writing copy (the text used in the web site) for these content areas
- Decide on best use of graphics and media; obtain or develop as needed
- Decide on the layout (the "look and feel") of the web site
- Use best practices for web usability in finalizing content and layout
- Develop a marketing plan for your web site — how will potential and current clients know it exists?
- Plan for web maintenance
- Conduct user testing; use the results to improve the design and fix any bugs found
- Publish the web site!
Our goal is to provide you with a web site design that meets your goals, and to assist you as requested to maintain a successful web site. We understand our business and take pride in helping our clients develop a useful, professional web presence.